Thursday, May 12, 2011

Self Improvement

So I started off the semester for my painting III workshop with a self portrait, so I thought it was only fitting to end the semester with another self portrait. My final painting is not nearly as strong concept wise. That has a lot to do with the fact that the painting that was meant to be my final was finished early and I did not want to spend the last work day twiddling my thumbs. So I quickly wiped up the idea of finishing off with a simple self-portrait.
Now if a gallery owner or teacher where to ask i could always argue that the concept is about my feminine side over powering the masculine. Seeing as the colors I chose could be considered more feminine. I didn't mean for that to happen I just didn't want to use blue and orange I usually use. Plus I like the combination of that purple and teal.



Beginning of the semester.



End of the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment