Saturday, November 20, 2010

Playground




My college had a visiting artist this past week, Gabi Gampanario, or the Seattle sketcher. He makes a living doing urban sketches that relates with a story he will be posting in the newspaper. Since Gabi was coming to visit my illustration teacher encouraged us to go out a do some urban sketching of our own, somewhere around town that we might want to talk someone or to show people who are visiting.
So I did the sketches above and bellow of this playground right off the bay. I tend to visit it at night with my friends and well just chill there in the night talking and climbing over the jungle gym like we might of done when we were just wee lil artists to be. Except now we are much bigger and the night casts a creepy glow over the abandoned playground. You also can't help but notice the light emerging from behind the houses. Reminding you there is a city beyond the hill. And when you go to the playground at the time I usually go, the city will be just as quiet as playground swings.

No comments:

Post a Comment